Back to first person writing... because my life got insane I decided to do the "easiest" DIY I had planned for the room. Via inspiration from Merrypad and Adventures of an Almost 40 Year Old Intern, I decided to paint my rug with an ikat pattern.
Look how lovely these two projects are!
So I began...
The jute rug was a $10 craigslist find from forever ago. Tim and I were both tired of how it looked, so it was a perfect candidate for this project.
I started strong, carefully measuring out the line and painting... oh wait... that's not really the ikat pattern you were going for... "Oh well" I said to myself, "I still like it." And I did.
At its best, things were looking great. I liked the worn look of the uneven paint. So I started to go faster... it got later into the evening... you know where this is going.
The lines were getting more and more... not line like. "Well, I'll just keep going and see how it looks in the end." Then that little cluster eff happened right there. There's no fixing that mess... Tim was amazing and said "maybe you should just keep going until the end." Nope. This was not meant to be. This is an Escher painting, not the rug I wanted.
Go check out the other One Room Challengers (you know, the ones who are actually succeeding)